New Version 2.1.2 available now
MetaTalkUS is a symbol-based application for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). It allows users without or with limited voice capabilities to communicate. MetaTalkUS is preconfigured with a rich vocabulary - you can start immediately. Individual customizations are easy and always possible.
MetaTalkUS is based on METACOM symbols which are known for their clarity and professional design. A simple structure allows beginners - and relatives without special AAC training - to learn and grow over time.
MetaTalkUS's vocabulary and voices are in English. You will find our German version here: MetaTalkDE
- Three vocabularies preconfigured with different sizes and content
- About 2000/1500/1000 words and phrases in MetaTalkUS 5x9/ MetaTalkUS 4x7/ MetaTalkUS 3x5
- Vocabulary for daily use including popular phrases
- Most-used items always visible: "I would like", "There is", "More", "Not" (configurable)
- Pronouns ("I","you","he", etc.) and people ("Mother", "Father", etc.) are automatically linked with the correct verb forms ("go", "goes", etc.) Long-Press function (optional) skips the pronouns and links directly to the corresponding verb form
- Theme-based categories with core vocabulary, phrases, and related questions for fast interactions
- Phrases and questions to initiate a conversation: "My name is"/"what is your name","I like"/"what do you like"
- Page with talk-buttons for recorded messages
- Project page(s) at school
- Day planner for mornings and afternoons
- METACOM6 symbol library with more than 5000 items
- Synthesized speech (Acapela) with male and female voices for adults and children in US- and British-English
- Talk-buttons for recorded messages
- Customize each key with text and photos from the photo album or the iPad camera (>iPad2)
- Add symbols and texts from our library simply by dragging
- Rearrange keys on each page or create new pages
- Select a color for keys
- Keys and pages can be hidden
- Pages and vocabularies can be created, duplicated, renamed, deleted, exported and imported
- Create different vocabularies for different users
- Import, export, and backup of pages and complete vocabularies
- Optional touch delay to prevent multiple touches on same key
- all editing functions can be turned off in Settings
Vocabularies and METACOM Symbols licensed from Annette Kitzinger
"I created the first Metacom symbols for my daughter, Meta, who had a hard time with other symbol systems. I wanted symbols that were easy to recognize and consistent across the whole collection.
As a graphic designer, I design information systems for buildings and devices. Clear and highly stylized images fascinate me. Now my daughter shows me how important the quality of design is for her understanding and learning.
I had a lot of positive feedback and valuable suggestions from users, parents, educators, therapists and counselors over the last ten years. This made Metacom possible."
©2017 Cidar Health Care LLC